June 18, 2013

Different ways to wear Converse: Guest Post

Hello Everyone

Today I'd like to introduce to you a very talented writer who would be doing a Guest Post on my Blog~ Jenny Crompton. She has written such a beautiful, fun and innovative post which I'm sure you'll love as much as I did :)

Summer Dresses and Converse
By Jenny Crompton

Who said when summer comes around you have to put your sneakers to bed 'til September? Contrary to popular belief, when the sun comes out and you pull on your first dress of the season, your comfy shoes can stay firmly strapped to your feet.

Summer dresses teamed up with Converse trainers mean you can tone down even the most glam of outfits and wear them anywhere. Here are some fabulous examples.

At the beach



Cover up your swimsuit with a light, floral number and take a stroll along the coast.

Around town



Even mid length dresses can be teamed up with Converse trainers for a cool shopping trip around town. Not only do they look great, they're more comfortable than heels and warmer than strappy sandals - ideal should the weather take a turn for the worse.

Maxi dresses



Maxi dresses leave just a tiny glimpse of what lies beneath...

With a bodycon




Usually worn as an evening dress, the bodycon looks surprisingly stylish with Converse high tops. Plus, it gives you a chance to wear your favourite dresses on an everyday basis, without looking as though you're trying too hard.

Festival style




Wear with a fabulous floral tea dress for effortless festival style during warmer weather.

At your wedding




No bride wants to stand in uncomfortable shoes all day. This couple look super-cute in their matching yellow sneakers.


Converse trainers are the perfect addition to lots of different styles of dress, and because they come in a variety of different colours and styles there is sure to be a pair to suit your wardrobe. Plus, these trainers are simple to customise if you're looking for an even more glamorous look, using anything from transfers to diamant̩s Рor even just a pair of funky laces.

What say people? Did you like reading the post? Let us know :)

Also, Google Reader is going and GFC might go too :( so please follow my blog on Bloglovin :)
Let me know when you do, I'll follow you back!

Have a great week!
xoxo
Akanksha

24 comments :

  1. Nice guest post!
    They look cool with dresses but not with a wedding dress...
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to dress up converse is by getting them customized with gems or by tie dying them. I love the summer look, but I don't think I would wear them to my wedding haha

    http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! such a fab inspirational post.
    That last pic is so freaking cute!
    Great post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this post...Love the way the bride and the groom are wearing matching yellow converse...

    http://jennysbicycle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Converse pair can never go out of fashion! Great Post!

    http://bythewear.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! Cute pics!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog just started following!! check out my blog!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post !!!!!!! those converse are cute ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. love alll :) espesh the first one :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great inspiration :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post sweets.. thanks a lot for dropping by my blog and for following... :)

    ur blog is very nice.... i am following you o bloglovin and GFC...
    much love,
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I love my Converse and wear them with absolutely everything. Following you on Bloglovin' now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Converse! There can never go out of fashion! :)
    dianadaron.ru

    ReplyDelete
  14. All looks great. Have a nice day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I love all of the Looks! Very cool!!! My Favorit is the second one! Very sexy!
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! Now I´m your new follower!
    Kisses...Petra

    http://petralivinglove.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful post! I love converse!! Really liking the wedding photo. I am following you now on Bloglovin!

    http://dixielu302.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. sorry! thought i was following you on gfc but must have gone wrong, just started following you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the post, dear!
    visit my blog and follow me if you like) xoxo

    http://yuliasi.blogspot.ru/
    love, Yulia

    ReplyDelete
  19. amazing post,love all the looks
    wanná follow each other via gfc and bloglovin?
    http://glamourzone01.blogspot.com/?m=1
    kisses
    GlamourZONE

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice post!
    thanks for following my sweety ,m following you too xx

    byangchee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing Saturday inspiration. I love Converse.
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello lovely Akanska!

    No problem on the kind and sweet words beautiful! You are wonderful and so nice yourself love! And no problem on mentioning you love! You're lovely! : You will always be my friend! :)

    And thank you. I'm glad that you enjoyed the pictures of my city and my sisters! And thank you for all of your kind compliments on my posts!

    I've missed you tons love! How have you been? What have you been up to?

    I love you too hun! I hope that you are doing well! :)

    Love always,
    LaTasha B.
    x0x0x0x

    Great post love! I love the beach dress, bodycon, and maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these ideas! I always find it really difficult to style converse sneakers :)
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such cool styles with converse! I want to buy them but I feel I am too old for the:-) LOL! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate it, Akanksha :)
Let me know if you follow me on any of the pages or my blog. I'd love to follow you back there too :)
FACEBOOK ~ TWITTER ~ BLOGLOVIN